HULL & DECK:
• Solid fiberglass hull; fiberglass over plywood deck.
• Dark Gray Awlgripped topsides, red boottop, red bottom.
• 2016 Awlgripped Gray non-skid side decks and cockpit sole.
• 2017 Awlgripped light gray hardtop, cabin sides and cabin top.
• 2016 four seacocks for two bilge pumps, refrigerator cooling and shower sump.
• Teak grate swim platform with swim ladder under.
• Six bronze opening ports.
• Varnished spruce mast in cockpit.
• Bronze deck hardware.
• Two overhead hatches in pilothouse.
• Teak cockpit coamings and toerails; varnished handrails and mahogany trim.
• 2016 toast-colored Stamoid curtains roll-up aft, with port and starboard curtains with zippers.
• S/S bow rail.
• One large Bomar deck hatch and two smaller Bomar deck hatches in trunk cabin top.
• 2016 bench cushions, and vee berth cushions.
Fuel: 300 gallons in three fiberglass tanks; one tank aft.
Water: 100 gallons in two poly tanks.
Holding: New 20 gallons in poly tank with 2016 macerator pump, y-valve and deck pumpout.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Single Caterpillar 3208TA, 355 hp diesel, turbo-charged, 8 cylinder, FWC, with 3977 hours as seen on the meter.
• Twin Disc MG-507A 2.54:1 reduction gear.
• 4 bladed bronze 24" x 28" prop.
• 1 3/4" S/S shaft.
• Spur line cutter on prop shaft.
• Wagner hydraulic steering system with S/S wheel at helm.
• Dual Racor 900 filters, 2015/2016, with vacuum gauge.
• New fuel supply lines and return lines, 2015/2016.
• 2016 Webasto EVO 40 air cabin heater.
• New engine oil pan in August 2015.
• Seven well insulated engine hatches for excellent access.
• Morse controls.
• Vernatone muffler.
• Trim tabs.
• Bronze stuffing box.
Cruising speed: 13-15 knots.
Maximum speed: 18 knots @ 2800 RPM.
RPM/KNOTS: 1100/7.0; 1500/9.0; 2000/11.5; 2400/15.2; WOT 17.7.
• 12V DC system & 30 AMP 110V shore power connection with two cords.
• Bass Products 'NOVA' AC/DC circuit breaker panels.
• 2014 2- 4D, 1200H batteries with selector switch.
• 2016 Xantrex 40 amp charger/inverter.
A very traditional Herreshoff interior with satin finish varnish, with off-white bulkheads, cabinsides and overhead. Honduras Mahogany trim, corner posts, molding door frames and doors. The small locker doors are louvered with Mahogany frames and Sitka Spruce louvers. The sole is traditional varnished Teak and Holly. Divided chain locker forward. Next is a spacious 7' Vee berth with new cushions. Aft of the vee berth area, are port and starboard settees which seat four, with a varnished Mahogany drop leaf table on center. Outboard of the settee is a large cedar hanging locker to port, and a chest of drawers to starboard. A large shelf with fiddles on top provide extra storage and there is additional stowage under the settee seats.
The L-shaped galley to port and the head to starboard are just aft of the settees. The Galley has a large top-loading Grunert refrigeration system, single S/S sink with hot and cold pressure water, pots and pans locker, 2 burner Paul Luke Heritage propane stove and oven, sliding door lockers outboard of the counter top, and a large locker under the sink. The head has a handheld shower, S/S sink and counter top with locker storage under. There is a Wilcox Crittenden "Skipper" head, and a 20 gallon holding tank connected to a macerator pump, y-valve and equipped for deck pump out. Note: not on board are S/S pipe berths with cushions that are standard on the Stanley's.
The windshield frame, corner posts and trim moldings are varnished Honduras Mahogany. The bulkhead and overhead are an off-white finish. There are side and aft Stamoid curtains that enclose the pilothouse in inclement weather. Overhead handrails are for rough weather. Engine instrument and gauges are overhead above the windshield, and the electronics are mounted on the helm console. A bench seat on the portside stores life jackets, safety and running gear. The sole is unfinished teak with black Thiokol seams.
The cockpit is very spacious. The coamings are flush so you may comfortably sit on them. The sole is bare teak with black Thiokol seams. There are 7 hatches in the sole to access the steering cylinder and the drive train. A Barient S.T. winch on the stern deck handles the tender, or kedging off a sand bar. The mast and boom are varnished Sitka Spruce.
• New 2016 Raymarine A127 with 4kw HD color Radar, GPS antenna, transducer, heading sensor and AIS 650.
• Danforth 6" Globemaster compass.
• Autohelm Masterview ST 80.
• ICOM M424 G VHF/DSC with integrated GPS receiver.
• Fenders; docklines.
• Fire extinguishers.
• 12V Ideal anchor Capstan (Model MM)- up only.
• Sitka Spruce Mast/Boom/Running Rigging/Spreader Lights, mounted in cockpit.
• Two Speed Barient 28 S.T. winch on aft coaming.
• 35 lb CQR in bowsprit with rode.
• 22 lb Danforth with 200' 5/8" nylon rode.
• 2016 New Webasto EVO 40 cabin heater.
• New side curtains; covers for varnished handrails, bench seat and windshield.
• 2016 New propane tanks.
• Clock and barometer.
• Windspeed and direction on mast.
• Aft moveable bench seat.
• 2 step ladder in cockpit for either port or starboard side.
• Sunbrella toast cockpit awning.
• New nav lights.
• New 2016 fresh water pressure pump with new supply hoses.
COMMENTS: WAYFARER is one of the most handsome 38' " Downeast" cruisers on the market. Built by the renowned John Williams Boat Company, she has the popular Hardtop Cruiser configuration which eliminates the need to climb ladders to the Flybridge. She is powered with the "work-horse" Cat 355 hp diesel with under 4000 hours. Her present owner has done many upgrades as described above, which include Awlgripping the trunk cabin sides and top, and side decks and cockpit. Casco Bay Diesel did a thorough inspection of the diesel in 2015. A new Raymarine A127 color radar, GPS, AIS, and depthsounder were installed, new side pilothouse curtains and berth cushions, new holding tank and macerator, new Webasto cabin heater, new thru-hulls, new propane tank for stove, and new exterior varnish. WAYFARER shows well, and is ready for the 2017 season. Please call for your inspection and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.